This guide covers how to use your Yealink T31P and T33G phones.
- The Handset
- The Display
- The Line Keys
- The Softkeys
- The Keypad
- The Navigation Arrows
- The Volume Controls
- The Mute Key
- The Headset button
- The Voicemail button
- The Message Waiting Indicator
- The Redial Key
- The Speakerphone button.
The Line Keys indicate the status of your lines and associated activity. The backlighting informs you when a line is idle, ringing, in use, on hold, or disconnected altogether. The T33G phone has 3 line keys, while the fourth key acts as a pagination button to switch between 4 pages of programmable line keys. The T31P phone has 2 programmable line keys.
The Softkeys perform the functions that appear directly above them on the display. Their functions are context-sensitive, which means that the softkeys changes depending upon your current activity. For example, if you are conferencing, the softkeys display functions related to the conference function.
By pressing left or right, up or down, you can scroll through the options and lists on the display using the Navigation Arrows. To select an item, press the button in the center of the four-way Navigation Arrows or the checkmark button. To cancel or back up to a previous screen, press the X button below the down navigation arrow. These keys also function as a fast way to navigate to many functions, such as placed calls, received calls, and directory contacts.
The most commonly used feature keys are:
- The Mute Key
- The Headset Key
- The Messages Key
- The Redial Key
- The Speakerphone Key
- The Volume Control
The Yealink T33G phone offers a Menu to enable users to view their phone’s status, and access the phone’s features, directory, calling history, voice message center, along with basic and advanced settings.
Use the navigation arrows to select from the menu options.
Using Your Device
Place Calls and Receive Calls
To place a call:
- Pick up the handset.
- Dial the 10-digit phone number, and your call is placed automatically after 4 seconds.
- You can also dial a valid 10-digit number and press the Send softkey. Your call is placed via speakerphone.
To answer a call:
- Pick up the handset, or press the Answer softkey to activate the speakerphone.
To answer an incoming call when you’re already on an active call:
- Press the Answer softkey.
- The first call is automatically placed on hold.
- To retrieve the first call, press the Line key of the call to wish to continue, or press the Swap softkey.
To put an active call on hold:
- Press the Hold softkey.
- To resume the call, press the Resume softkey.
If you have more than one call on hold, tap the call you wish to continue and press the Resume softkey.
A Blind (or unannounced) Transfer takes place when you transfer a call to someone else without announcing the call first.
To conduct a blind transfer while on an active call:
- Press the Transfer softkey.
- Enter the destination to which you wish to transfer the call
- Press the Blind Transfer softkey.
Please Note: When performing a Blind Transfer, the caller ID of the transfer recipient will show the information of the contact to who you are transferring.
A Consulted (or announced) Transfer is performed when you announce the call to the recipient prior to transferring the call.
To conduct a Consulted Transfer, while on an active call:
- Press the Transfer softkey.
- The caller is automatically placed on hold.
- Dial the receiving party and press the Call softkey.
- Once the receiving party answers, announce the call.
- To complete the transfer, press the Transfer softkey again.
Please Note: When performing a Consulted Transfer, the caller ID of the transfer recipient will show your contact information, as you will be announcing the call first. If you prefer to transfer the caller ID as well, you should perform a Blind Transfer.
To initiate a Three-Way Conference Call, while on an active call:
- Press the Conference softkey.
- Dial the second number.
- When the second party answers, press the Conference softkey again to connect the two calls.
- You can place both callers on hold at any time by pressing the Hold softkey, and if you’d like to split the calls to communicate with each individual line, select the Split softkey.
- To merge the calls into a conference call once again, press the Conference softkey.
Do Not Disturb
The Do Not Disturb feature is used to send all incoming calls to voicemail.
To enable Do Not Disturb:
- Press the DND softkey.
- The Do Not Disturb icon appears on the home screen indicating that the feature has been enabled.
Callers will hear the busy greeting and be sent to your voicemail.
Please Note: Once Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls cannot be received until you disable the feature. To disable this feature, repeat the previous steps.
By default, calls that are not answered will go to voicemail.
To forward calls to a destination other than voicemail, enable Call Forwarding or change your Voice Portal Busy and No Answer settings.
To enable this feature:
- Press the Menu softkey.
- Use the arrows to navigate to Features. Use the center button to select.
- Press Call Forward. Your options include:
- Always Forward – Forwards all incoming calls to a specified forward-to destination.
- Busy Forward – Only forwards calls if you do not answer.
- No Answer Forward – Forwards calls when the Do Not Disturb feature is enabled, or if your line is busy.
Please Note: When configuring No Answer forwarding, you must also select the number of seconds before the call is forwarded.
- Select Call Forward, and choose No Answer Forward.
- Enable the feature and enter the number to which to forward calls.
- Select the number of seconds it would take before the call is forwarded. You can choose from 0 – 120 seconds.
- Select the Save softkey.
To park a call, while on an active call:
- Tap the Transfer softkey.
- Dial star (*) 103 and press pound (#).
- You are prompted with a parking spot number.
- To complete the parking process, tap the Transfer softkey again.
Retrieve Parked Calls
Parked calls can be retrieved from any phone within the office.
To retrieve a parked call:
- Dial star (*) 104 and press pound (#).
- When prompted, dial the parking spot or number you were provided.
- Your call is retrieved.
To add a new contact:
- Press the Directory softkey.
- Select the directory group you wish to add a contact to.
- Press the Enter softkey and select Add.
- Enter the information fields and press the Save softkey.
To create a new contact from the Call History list:
- Press the Redial key to access your Call History.
- Find the number you wish to store then press the Option softkey.
- Select Add to Contacts.
- Enter the information fields and press the Save softkey when you are done.
Your new contact appears in the contact list of your directory.
Access Call History
You can view your recent Call History and place calls from your Call History lists by pressing the History softkey on the home screen. You can also access the call history list by pressing the up navigation arrow to view call lists for all, missed, placed, received, and forwarded calls.
To see recently placed and received calls:
- Tap the Redial key.
- To dial a number, use the Navigation Arrows to navigate to the call you would like to place.
- Press the Call softkey or middle navigation button.
Set Up Voicemail
To set up your Voicemail for the first time:
- Press the Message feature key.
- Enter your default passcode, followed by the Pound key.
- Follow the system prompts to complete voicemail setup.
A Message Waiting Indicator notifies you when you have a new voicemail message.
To check your voicemail:
- Press the Message key.
- When prompted, enter your voicemail passcode followed by the Pound key.
- Follow the audio prompts to retrieve your voicemail messages.
- If you forget your voicemail passcode, please contact your system administrator to have it reset.
You can update your voicemail from the Vonage Portal, and from your Vonage desk phone.
- Using your Vonage Yealink desk phone, select the Message key.
- Enter your voicemail passcode and then select from the menu options provided:
- ● Access Voicemail
- ● Select or Change Greeting
- ● Record New Greeting
- ● Update PIN.