Vonage ContactPad for Salesforce
The VBC ContactPad is an embedded dialpad that enables inbound and outbound calls through your active Vonage devices, those being the Vonage Desktop Application, your Vonage desk phone, and mobile devices.
Install the VBC ContactPad in Salesforce
Note: Installation must be done by a Salesforce Administrator. Once installed, the dialer can be enabled for users as needed. To begin:
- Login to Salesforce with your Administrative credentials.
- Once done, open a new tab and input the following URL:
Note: If you have administrative rights, you will see the install screen for the VBC ContactPad. If you do not have administrative privileges, you will get a notification that this app cannot be installed. If this occurs, please contact your system administrator for further assistance.
- Proceed to select the installation option, those being Admins Only, All Users, or Specific Profiles. For this video, we will be installing for Admins Only.
Note: If you have other Call Center applications, you may want to enable the Vonage CTI by the user after installation. You can add the VBC ContactPad to users by following the instructions to Enable VBC ContactPad for Users video.
- When prompted, click Install.
- Once the installation is complete, click Done to return to Salesforce Setup.
Salesforce Lightning: Enable VBC ContactPad Utility Item
Note: Lightning requires the Dialer to be added as a utility item for each app.
Start by logging into Salesforce Lightning, and navigate to Setup:
- In the quick find search field, type App Manager in the Quick Find Search.
- Press Enter, a list will appear to the right.
- Locate the Lightning App name from the list of available apps.
- Then, proceed to select Edit from the arrow drop-down on the far left.
- Within the app settings page, click on the Utility items (Desktop Only) link.
- Then, click on Add Utility Items.
- In the search field, input Open CTI softphone.Note: As a reminder, the VBC ContactPad is only an embedded dial pad application and must be used with an active Vonage device.
- In the Label text field, input Vonage Dialer.
- When completed, click Save.
Repeat these steps for each Lightning App that will need access to this Utility Item. Click Back to return to the Setup App.
To confirm the Utility is available, use the App Launcher to navigate to the app. You should now see Vonage Dialer in the Console Utility Bar.
Setup Softphone Layout
Setting up your softphone layout will enable you to customize the appearance of the Vonage Dialer for inbound and outbound calls.
Note: Users may see a Configuration Error on the Dialer until this step is completed.
To configure your softphone layout, navigate to Setup:
- In the search field type, Call Center.
- Then, click on the Softphone Layout.
If you do not already have a “Standard Softphone Layout”:
- Click New to create a new layout.
- Otherwise, edit the standard layout as instructed in steps 5-7 below. If you have multiple Softphone Layouts, you can assign Layouts to specific users using the Softphone Layout Assignment button.
- In the Name field, type “Vonage Dialer”, then select the Is Default Layout checkbox.
- Next, configure the fields and objects that are displayed for inbound and outbound calls.
- From the Select Call, Type drop-down, select Inbound.
- Select the call-related fields and salesforce.com objects to display. Vonage recommends adding the Phone fields (Phone, Home Phone, Mobile, etc.) to display in the Account, Contact, and Lead selections.
Adjust the Screen Pop Settings based on your Salesforce workflow settings. Here are some recommendations:
- Screen pops open within: Existing browser window
- No matching records: Pop to new Contact (this will allow the user to create a new contact if one is not found).
- Single-matching record: Pop detail page
- Multiple-matching records: Pop to the search page (so the user can pick the record they want)
Repeat the same steps for Outbound call types, by changing the Select Call Type to Outbound.
If you would like to customize the settings for Internal calls (calls between users on your Vonage account), you can do so here as well by selecting Internal from the Select Call Type.
Once both Inbound and Outbound call settings have been configured,
- click Save.
On the Softphone Layout page, click Softphone Layouts Assignment, apply the Vonage Dialer softphone to the users, and Save. This completes the set up of the VBC ContactPad.
Enable VBC ContactPad for Users
Once the VBC ContactPad is installed, a Salesforce Administrator can assign the Dialer to users. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup:
- In the quick search field, input Call Center. If needed, you may need to click Continue to get to the Call Centers Setup Page.
- Proceed to click the VBC ContactPad name.
- Next, click on Manage Call Center Users.
- Proceed to click on Add More Users.
- Fill out the Search Criteria options then click Find.
- Once this is complete, select the specific user(s) you wish to add and click Add to Call Center.
- Click Save. Users are now added to this call center.
Using the VBC ContactPad
Note: The VBC ContactPad must be used with an active Vonage Device. Also, a Vonage for Salesforce license must be assigned a user’s extension in Vonage Business.
In Salesforce Lightning:
- Click to open the Vonage Dialer in the lower left-hand corner.
- When the dialer appears, click the Sign In button.
- Enter your Vonage user credentials.
Note: Users may receive a Free User Mode pop-up – this is a reminder that we have other features available in our Vonage for Salesforce integration.
Make & Receive Calls
To make a phone call, you can do one of the following:
- Enter a valid 10-digit phone number in the dial pad.
- Use the Phone icon on the Salesforce contact to initiate the call.
- Lastly, you can also use the History page to initiate calls.
- Clicking on a record in the History will also pull up the corresponding record (as configured in the Softphone Layout section).
- Your VBC Desktop application or device will ring to initiate the call.
Note: You must have an active Vonage device for the Dialer to work properly.
- Once the call is connected, the In Call options will appear, including hold, transfer, and end.
To receive a call:
- The Vonage Dialer will popup within the call screen window, allowing you to control the call.
- The settings that were configured in the Softphone Layout will appear.
- To edit these options see Setup Softphone Layout.
Note: changes can only be done by a Salesforce Admin
To access the dialer settings:
- Click on the gear icon. You will see a list of options including the following:
- Dark Mode: enabling this option will enter you into the dark mode, meaning the primary color of the dialer will become black instead of white.
- Auto Log Telephone Records: Based on the criteria you select, your calls will automatically be logged into the system.
- Enable Offline Auto Logging: Auto logging in the client is only available when the user is actively logged in.
Note: To enable auto-logging features, you must have the Vonage for Salesforce integration(link to VGIS Web). Follow the instructions to order, download and install the Vonage for Salesforce productivity tool.
- About Vonage Dialer: This includes information about the application, including links to the support article and how to set up a device.