This guide covers the use of your Poly CCX 500 and 600 Series touch screen phones.
● The Touch Screen Display,
● The Softkeys,
● The Line Keys,
● The Mute icon,
● The Speakerphone icon,
● The Headset icon,
● The Volume Controls icons,
● The Voicemail Message Waiting Indicator,
● The Menu,
● The Place a Call icon (Tap to Place a Call),
● The Contacts icon,
● The Recent Calls icon
● The BlueTooth icon,
● The Messages icon,
● The Settings icon,
● The Forward icon,
● The Do Not Disturb icon,
● The Applications icon.
The soft keys are context-sensitive, which means they change depending upon your current activity. For example, when performing a conference call, the soft keys will display functions related to you using the conference function. Softkeys may dynamically change position based on programming changes made to the phone.
These line keys are always located on the Home screen and indicate the present status of existing lines. You can tap on any available line shown to place a new call, or pick up an existing call that has been parked or placed on hold. If you prefer the default display over the line key display, you can set this as your preference by tapping on the Settings icon within the Menu, then selecting Basic, Preferences, and Home Page.
Using Your Device
To place a call:
- Lift the handset and enter a ten-digit phone number or an extension.
- Press the Green Call button.
- You can also place a call by tapping on a line, or by tapping Place a Call via the Menu.
- By placing a call without lifting the handset, you will activate the speakerphone. You can press the Headset button at any time to continue the call through your headset, or pick up the handset to remove the call from the speakerphone.
To redial the last person you called, tap on the Redials icon within the Menu and select the person you’d like to call back.
To answer a call:
- Pick up the handset, or tap on the green Answer icon on your screen to answer using the Speakerphone or Headset.
To answer an incoming call when you are already on an active call:
- press the green Answer icon that appears on your display. Your first call is automatically placed on hold.
To retrieve your first call:
- Tap on that call in order to highlight it.
- Press the Resume icon on your display.
Place Calls on Hold and Resume Calls from Hold
To put an active call on hold:
- Press the Hold icon on your display.
- To resume the call, tap on the Resume icon on your display.
If you have more than one call on hold:
- Use your finger to tap on and select your desired call.
- Tap on the Resume icon on your display. If you are on an active call while doing this, your active call will automatically go on hold.
Place a Call on Mute
To place a call on mute, while on an active call:
- Tap on the Mute icon. This will place the caller on mute; the caller will no longer be able to hear you. To unmute a caller, tap on the Mute icon again.
Perform a Blind Transfer
A Blind (or unannounced) Transfer takes place when you transfer a call to someone else without announcing the call first. This transfer method will send the caller’s caller ID through to the recipient party.
To conduct a blind transfer while on an active call:
- Tap on the Transfer icon on your display.
- Enter the destination you wish to transfer the call to and the call will automatically transfer blindly.
At any time prior to completing the blind transfer, you can tap on the red Cancel icon on your display in order to cancel the transfer, and go back to your caller live. That call will no longer be on hold.
Please Note: Calls may be transferred both internally and externally
Perform a Consulted Transfer
A “consulted” or announced transfer should be performed when you would like to announce the call to the recipient prior to transferring the call. This transfer method will send your caller ID information to the recipient party instead of the caller’s Caller ID at first. Once the transfer has been completed, the Caller ID will reflect the caller’s Caller ID.
To conduct a consulted transfer while on an active call:
- Tap on the Consult icon, and dial the receiving party.
- Once you tap on the Consult icon, the first caller is automatically placed on hold, and you are presented with a list of options that allow you to Complete the Transfer, Split the Call, access the Dialpad, or Cancel the transfer.
- After the receiving party answers, announce the call.
- To complete the transfer, tap on the Complete Transfer icon on your display.
If the receiving party does not wish to accept the call or is not available, tap on the red Cancel icon on your display to go back to the original call live. That call will no longer be on hold.
Initiate a Three-Way Conference Call
To initiate a three-way conference call while on an active call:
- Tap on the Add icon. The active call is held.
- Dial the second number.
- When the second party answers, tap on the Merge Calls icon to join the calls.
- Your display will show both of your active calls.
- Tap on the Split softkey to separate both calls and place them on hold.
- You can resume conversation with each call separately or end one or both calls by tapping on the respective call and using your softkeys to perform the desired function.
To join two calls that are on your display, while one call is active and another is on hold:
- Tap on the More options softkey.
- Tap Merge Calls to place all calls into a 3-way conference call.
Please note: Once you generate a 3-way conference call, you may hang up your handset, and the remaining parties can continue to converse without tying up your line. However, you will not be able to re-join the call.
You can add phone numbers to your phone book and save them as contacts for more convenient calling.
To add a new contact:
- Tap the Menu and select Contacts.
- Press the Plus icon.
- Complete the desired fields for your contact.
- You can assign your contact to a favorite index, and by doing so, the contact will be displayed on the home page.
- Additionally, you can set the ringtone for a contact, enable auto-reject for their incoming calls, enable auto-divert, and configure the outgoing line.
- Tap Save when you are done making your changes. The contact now appears in your address book.
The Poly CCX series is built-in with Bluetooth capabilities to provide the most optimal unified communications experience.
To enable Bluetooth:
- Tap the Menu and select Bluetooth.
- Enable by pressing the On option
- Press Manage BT Devices.
- You are brought to a screen where you can pair new devices, and change connection preferences. Tap Pair New Device and select one from the list. Your device must have Bluetooth enabled to appear in the list.
- You are prompted to confirm to pair and be provided a pairing code. Tap Allow access to your contacts and call history if you wish to enable this option.
- A confirmation message appears once the device has been successfully paired with your Poly CCX phone. Anytime you place or receive a call, your devices will be synced to allow notifications and connections from either device.
Enable and Disable Do Not Disturb
The Do Not Disturb feature is used to send all incoming calls directly to Voicemail.
To enable Do Not Disturb:
- Tap on the Menu and tap on the DND icon.
- The Do Not Disturb icon appears by your extension line appearance, indicating that the feature has been enabled. Once Do Not Disturb is enabled, calls cannot be received until you disable the feature.
- To disable this feature, repeat the previous steps.
Please note: Once Do Not Disturb is enabled, you will not receive any calls until you subsequently disable the feature. In some cases when you enable DND it will impact incoming calls not only to your desk phone but also to your other connected devices.
Enable and Disable Call Forwarding
By default, calls that are unanswered will go to Voicemail.
To forward calls to a destination other than Voicemail, enable Call Forwarding.
To enable this feature:
- Tap on the Menu and select Forward.
- Select the type of forwarding option that you would like to enable. Options include:
- ● Always, which will forward all incoming calls to a specified forward-to destination.
- ● No Answer, which will only forward call if you do not answer, and
- ● Busy, which will only forward calls when the Do Not Disturb feature is enabled or if your line is busy.
To disable Call Forwarding:
- Tap on the Forward icon that appears in the upper corner of your display and select the forwarding service to disable.
- Tap on the green Checkmark on your screen or the down arrow below your display, and tap on the Disable soft key on your display.
Please note: If you do not see a Forward option in the Menu, it is because you are sharing your extension on more than one device (such as a softphone), which causes the softkeys to disappear. You can, however, still enable Call Forwarding using feature access codes that can be provided by Vonage Support.
To park a call while on an active call:
- Tap on the Transfer soft key, then dial Star (*) 103.
- You will be prompted with a parking spot number.
- To complete the parking process, click Transfer.
Retrieve Parked Calls
Parked calls can be retrieved from any phone within the office.
To retrieve a parked call:
- Dial star (*) 104.
- When prompted, dial the park spot or number you were provided.
- Your call is retrieved from park.
Access Call History
To access your Call History when the phone is idle:
- Tap on the Menu and then on Recent Calls.
- You can tap on the Headings which include Sort, Type, and Trash Can to select how you would like to view your Call History or clear it if desired.
- To dial a number from that list, tap on the desired number.
To clear your call history, from the Call History screen:
- tap on the Trash Can icon on your display to select which calls to delete.
Set Up Your Voicemail Box
To access your voicemail box:
- Tap on the Messages icon within the Menu or simply dial your own extension, and follow the prompts.
A red “Message Waiting Indicator” light notifies you when you have a new voicemail message.
To check your voicemail:
- Tap on the Messages icon on your display and select Message Center.
- You can access urgent, new, or old messages.
- Tap the Clear softkey to clear your message or connect to your Voicemail Box by tapping the Connect softkey.
- Enter your voicemail passcode followed by the pound key and follow the audio prompts to retrieve your voicemail messages.